What is the legal provision for this sector of activity?
The Finance Law N°013/99 of 15/02/ 2000, ARRETE N°00020/MSPP 24/05/ 2000.
What are the advantages of this law?
The exemption of duties and taxes on the import of medicines and surgical medical equipment.
Exemption from duties and taxes on the import of generic drugs and medical surgical equipment
What are the conditions of granting?
The exemption from import duties and taxes on drugs and medical devices can only be granted to the following entities
- Establishments under the supervision of the Ministry of Public Health and Population, either with their own funds or within the framework of external financing agreements;
- Establishments under the supervision of the Ministry of Social Affairs;
- The Military Health Service;
- Institutions under the Ministry of Higher Education and Research;
- Private establishments used for the importation or distribution of pharmaceutical products, holders of an agreement issued by the Minister of Health;
- Non-profit associations and national and international non-governmental organizations importing medicines and medical devices for the needs of their humanitarian actions.